How to create a capsule wardrobe
Updated: Apr 18
I am always getting asked about how I choose my fabrics and colors....
1. Cull your wardrobe down to only the clothes that fit and make you feel fabulous. Does it #sparkjoy (Have a friend help you do this because they aren’t emotionally tied to your clothes like you are).
2. Figure out your color pallet. Take a picture of your wardrobe and go to Pinterest to figure out what your color pallet is.
3. Analyze the silhouettes that suit your shape and make you feel amazing (waisted, v-neck, sleeves, flowy). This helps to nail down your signature style.
4. See what’s missing in your wardrobe and search for or make the missing pieces.
5. Have good basics so that you can mix and match. I love hero prints and only feel things are worth spending money on if they are a good print, but I’ve found my wardrobe is more usable with better basics to mix and match.
6. Less is more. Creating a signature style and somewhat of a uniform or formula helps relieve the stress of “what to wear”. The more you can edit your wardrobe down the less stressed you’ll feel.
7. One in, one out: I believe in keeping my wardrobe edited and when I go op-shopping I get rid of a number of items when new ones come in.
Hopefully these tips help you on your journey to creating a wearable #memadewardrobe
Do you have any tips or wardrobe rules you like to stick to? There really are no rules but it’s fun to experiment and try new things.
And if you have a sewing related question you need answering, let me know! I'd love to help. And if it's used for a Tuesday Tip post I'll send you a free PDF pattern too!!